Jesus Christ is Lord!

Idols

I remember the day Elvis died. He was 42. His mother had died at age 42, and Elvis walked around confessing that he was going to die at the same age his mother did. He managed to pull it off.
Elvis was "The King" but I hadn't worshiped him; his music wasn't special to me, except for "Blue Christmas" which came on the radio during the holidays. I loved that song! But after Elvis died, I was awed with him, and listening to his songs was like discovering hidden, rare diamonds, there were only so many. "There is no hope of going to an Elvis concert now," and I kicked myself for not paying any attention to him when he was alive. Shortly afterward, Elvis became my idol.

Imagine having a "dead idol" with no chance of ever seeing them alive in person. Well, all idols are dead, even if your idol is living and breathing now, he or she or it, is essentially dead in the end. We're all "the walking dead." Idols do nothing for us, except remind us of our mortality. When I hear an Elvis song now, in the back of my mind I think of his death. And that goes for other's songs, movies, and works of art of the dead.There is something about artists in that their death (especially an untimely death) magnifies their works.

Jesus was very popular when he was on earth. He had crowds following him, as many as 5,000 men, not even counting the women and children. Many more people never paid any attention to his life or message....until after he died. Then Boom! The news spread out. He was only 33, and died just like he said he would. But God, Rose Jesus from the dead. "Jesus is alive!"

Jesus is the "King of Kings." He is not an idol, he is not someone whom we worship who can do nothing for us, or whom we will never see alive. .....We all will!

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

~dkg