Jesus Christ is Lord!

Life-changing

"My Experience trumps your opinion."

For instance, I'm a mother, and I've experienced having a baby, times four. I know the pain of childbirth. I saw my babies be born and I bonded with them instantly. I held them and loved them more than I did prior to their births. I heard their first cries and comforted them. We communicated. They recognized my voice and turned their heads toward mine. Becoming a mother is a life-changing experience. What if someone said to me, "it didn'thappen" or "it wasn't real" or "it was just your imagination" or "you're deluded" about being a mother. I'd say, "My experience trumps your opinion. And beside, I speak with my kids everyday!"

Now, let's compare that to the "Christian experience." It doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is when you have met God. When you have heard his voice, when you have turned your head toward His Word; when you have bonded with Him; When you have cried out to Jesus and he has comforted you. No one can tell you, "God is not real," or "God doesn't speak to you," or "There is no God." That's about as silly sounding as someone telling me that I didn't give birth. No one understands parenthood until they become one. It's the exact same thing when you become a Christian.


~dkg