Jesus Christ is Lord!

Spiritual Housekeeping

Ten years ago, I heard God's still small voice say, "Get your house in order." There was a sense of urgency and thought that I would die soon. I lived each day sensing that "today could be the day" (I still do), and gave away unneeded things, got paperwork in order, and tried to be patient and loving to my family and others. Here it is ten years later, I'm still here! (Thank you Lord). 

Recently, I questioned God, did I heard his voice back then and if so, what was "Get your house in order" all about. Instantly I felt that it wasn't about dying, it was about Living. Our body is our house (God's temple) where our soul and spirit dwells. God wants us to align our body and soul with our spirit that is united with His Spirit; and to be congruent in purpose. In other words, God want us not to be "double-minded" when it comes to living for Him. Getting our spiritual house in order is getting rid of unnecessary things that interfere with our peace. Just like living in a cluttered house can be overwhelming and cause us great anxiety, so too, can living with cluttered minds and hearts filled with unecessary things of this world. God want us to have Peace.

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

I am still getting my house in order. Housekeeping is an every day thing. "Get your house in order" is God's way of saying, "Always be ready. I'm coming back soon!"

~dkg