Jesus Christ is Lord!

Angels Unawares

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
Hebrews 13:2

Years ago before cell phones, I was driving off a highway exit ramp at midnight and my car died-out on the ramp. I was alone. I quickly prayed, "Lord help me." Before I could even think to be afraid, within one minute a car pulled behind me, and then someone knocked on my driver's window. It was a woman. She said, "Honey, you can't be out here by yourself, it's too dark. Let me take you to the nearest gas station so you can call someone to come get you."

I went with her because I had just prayed for help - "Pat" was the answer to my prayer. She was so nice and spoke graciously with me, and even waited with me at the gas station until my friends picked me up. I kept thinking the whole time that Pat was an angel. I believe she was. Why would any woman get out of their car at pitch-black midnight, in the middle of an exit ramp, and come up to a stranger's car in which they had no clue who was in it. She was alone too!

Regardless if Pat was angel or not, I will never forget the kindness of "a stranger."

Be kind to others.

~dkg